WGUMC is reopening our doors to LIVE worship. Beginning Sunday, January 24th, we will offer in-person worship limited to 35 people to allow for safe distancing, as well as continuing to provide our online services. At this time, all music will be recorded. Your health and safety is our primary concern.
Using guidelines developed by the Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) as well as the PA Department of Health (“DOH”), the Reopening Committee created the following guidelines for a safe and enjoyable worship experience:
In-person attendance will be limited to 35 persons.
- Masks must be worn at all times, except for presenters.
- Only the front Narthex doors will be available for entry and a touch-free thermometer will be used to check temperatures. If your temperature exceeds 100.4*, we would ask that you not attend (including family members) and monitor your symptoms at home.
- We ask that everyone sanitize their hands using church provided sanitizer before entering the sanctuary.
- Ushers will direct you and your family to your seats. Chairs have been arranged in “pods” to ensure proper social distancing. Some pods will be larger than others to allow people who live together to sit together. Please do not rearrange the chairs.
- Services will not include singing or passing of the peace by the congregation.
- There will not be a formal collection: we continue to encourage you to share your tithes and offerings electronically or by mail as we have done since March.
- At the conclusion of the service, the ushers will dismiss the congregation by pods to encourage social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Please do not congregate in the narthex. Conversations with your fellow attendees can be had safely outside practicing social distancing.
- We all miss seeing our church family in person. While you may want to reach out and great each other (handshake, hug etc.) please respect the 6 foot social distance guideline.
The Reopening Committee recognizes many may not be comfortable with the above. Rest assured, our Facebook Live services will continue into the future.